II. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
a) When You Register on the Sites Or Subscribe to Services
When you register on the Sites or subscribe to Services on the Sites, we may collect the following identifiers that may, alone or in combination with other information, constitute Personal Information:
- Phone number;
- Company name;
- Company size; and
We do not collect payment card information in connection with Service subscriptions. Payment card information is processed by a third party vendor. You have no obligation to provide the Personal Information described above, but if you don’t provide such Personal Information, we may not be able to register you or provide the Services to you. Please note that you have the right to opt out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications, such as newsletters, from us. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below). Should you decide to opt-out of receiving future mailings, we may share your e-mail address with third parties to ensure that you do not receive further communications from third parties. Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may send you notices of administrative nature of any updates to our Terms of Service or this Privacy If you have any additional questions about electronic direct marketing received from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
b) When You Register on the Sites Or Subscribe to Services
When you communicate with us in and through the Sites, e-mail us, or otherwise communicate with us, we may collect the following identifiers that may, alone or in combination with other information, constitute Personal Information:
- Contact information such as email address; and
- Content of communications sent to us.
You have no obligation to provide the Personal Information described above, but if you don’t provide such Personal Information, we may not be able to respond to your communications to us.
c) Assistance Over The Phone
You may call our customer service line for information about the Services. If you do so, we may collect the following identifiers that may, alone or in combination with other information, constitute Personal Information:
- Contact information such as email address, postal address, and phone number; and
- Your questions relating to the Services.
You have no obligation to provide the Personal Information described above, but if you don’t provide such Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you the assistance that you request.
If you are interested in our open positions, we may collect the following identifiers and data that may, alone or in combination with other information, constitute Personal Information:
- Contact information such as e-mail address and phone number;
- Link to your portfolio (as applicable; and
- A copy of your resume/cv.
e) Internet Activity Information
Software used on the Sites collects Internet or other electronic network activity information that may, alone or in combination with other information, constitute Personal Information:
- The domain from which you access the Sites;
- The type of browser and operating system used in the device you use to access the Sites;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- The date and time you visited the Sites (time stamp);
- The pages browsed on the Sites;
- The website used to link to the Sites from;
- Any search terms used to navigate the Sites;
- Products purchased and viewed on the Sites;
- A browsing session ID ; and
- Whether you are a first time visitor to the Sites.
For additional information about cookies used on the Sites, please review Section 10 below.
Google Analytics is an element of the Sites. By using cookies, Google Analytics collects and stores data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of the Sites, the Internet Protocol address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the Sites. By using a browser plugin available at https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/ provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
III. The Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- You: When you voluntarily provide Personal Information to us; and
- Software: Information automatically collected via cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other software-based analytics tools;
- Our customers; and
- Our service providers.
IV. Why We Collect Personal Information About You
We use Personal Information about you for the following purposes:
- To operate and improve our Sites, including through analytics to help us understand how you use the Sites, so that we can present content in the best manner;
- To provide the Services to you;
- To provide customer service;
- To provide you with any information that you request from us;
- To notify you about changes to the Sites and/or the Services;
- To facilitate our participation in ad networks;
- To enable us to issue a notice, administrative, or corrective action to you in relation to the Sites or the Services, if required;
- To send you direct marketing messages that you have consented to receive;
- To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- To comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our own policies; and
- Where permitted by law, to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already subscribed to or inquired about and we feel may interest you.
V. How We Disclose Personal Information
We may disclose the following categories of Personal Information with the following categories of third parties for business purposes:
Category of Personal Information
- Internet activity information
- Professional information
Our affiliates (such as subsidiaries that we own)
- Professional information
- Internet activity information
Service providers: We use services providers such as website hosting and management companies, data storage and data analysis companies and marketing technology companies. Such service providers can only use Personal Information to provide such services to use and for no other purpose.
- Professional information
- Internet activity information
Parties to a corporate transaction or proceeding: In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Professional information
Public authorities and legal proceedings: Rekor may disclose Personal Information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, and disclose and use such information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Site; (d) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity
- Internet activity information
VI. Your Choices Regarding Personal Information About You
If you are a registered user of the Sites, you may change any of Personal Information about in your account by editing your profile within the registration portion of the Sites or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your account information by us by sending an email to email@example.com, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete account information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We will otherwise retain Personal Information about you for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services as well as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
VII. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits the users of the Site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a California resident you may also have the right:
- To request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you;
- To request the disclosure of the business purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information; the categories of third parties with whom it is shared, and the categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected;
- To request the deletion of Personal Information, subject to the limitations set forth in California Civil Code Section 1798.105(d); and
- Not to be discriminated against for exercising the rights guaranteed by California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.
For a list of categories of Personal Information collected and the purposes for the processing of that Personal Information, please refer to Sections II and IV above.
b) Requests to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose:
- The categories of Personal Information we collect;
- The categories of Personal Information we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- The categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for selling or collecting Personal Information;
- The categories of Personal Information sold or shared about you, as well as the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold, by category of Personal Information for each party to whom information was sold; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
Delivery may take place electronically or by mail. We are not required to respond to requests relating to Personal Information more than twice in a 12-month period.
c) Requests to Delete
With certain exceptions, you have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information we have collected about you. Upon receiving a verified request to delete Personal Information about you, we will do so unless otherwise authorized by law.
d) Verifiable Requests
We will acknowledge the receipt of requests to know or requests to delete Personal Information free of charge, within ten (10) business days. In order to protect your privacy and the security of Personal Information, we may verify your request by asking you to provide additional Personal Information for us to verify your identity. We will respond to your request within 45 calendar days of receipt, provided that we have been able to successfully verify your identity.
You may submit a request to know or a request to delete Personal Information via email@example.com.
e) Sale of Personal Information
In the last 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information collected in and through the Site, or Personal Information relating to our customers. Consequently, we do not have an opt-out functionality on the Site.
f) The Right to Non-Discrimination
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your California privacy rights.
g) Authorized Agents
You may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf. You must provide an authorized agent written permission to submit a request on your behalf, and we may require that you verify your identity directly with us. Alternatively, an authorized agent that has been provided power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000-4465 may submit a request on your behalf.
VIII. Data Retention
We will only retain Personal Information about you for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes Personal Information was collected for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information, the purposes for which we process Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and applicable legal requirements.
IX. Links to Other Websites
The Site and the Services are not intended for children under the age of 16. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 16 years of age. We do not intentionally collect, sell, or process the Personal Information of individuals under 16 years of age.
The following sets out how we may use different categories of cookies and your options for managing cookie settings:
Because required cookies are essential to operate the Site, there is no option to opt out of these cookies.
These cookies collect information about how you use the Sited, including which pages you go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not collect information that individually identifies you. Information is only used to improve how the Sites function and perform. From time to time, we may engage third parties to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information relating to individuals who visit the Sites. We may also utilize Flash cookies for these purposes.
To learn how to opt out of performance cookies using your browser settings, click here. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, click here.
Functionality cookies allow the Sites to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username, language, or your region) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies also enable you to optimize your use of the Sites after logging in. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on the Sites to personalize your visit.
To learn how to opt out of functionality cookies using your browser settings, click here. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, click here.
Targeting or Advertising cookies
To learn more about these and other advertising networks and their opt out instructions, click here. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, click here.
XII. For Residents of the European Economic Area
(a) Legal Basis For Processing Personal Information
The legal bases for our processing of Personal Information about you are as follows:
- Contract: When you subscribe to our Services, we collect Personal Information about you that is necessary for completing that transaction and delivering the products to you;
- Consent: We obtain your consent to collect Personal Information for distinct purposes such as receiving marketing communications from us. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Legitimate Interest: We have a legitimate interest to collect Personal Information about you for certain purposes such as data analytics and the protection and administration of the Sites so that we can (i) understand our customers’ preferences and improve the product selection available on the Sites; (ii) to protect the Sites from information security threats and our company in connection with legal claims and proceedings; (iii) to communicate administrative changes in connection with the use of the Sites; and (iv) to comply with laws that apply to us and the Sites.
(b) Your Rights
You have the following rights with respect to the Personal Information we hold about you:
- The right to know what Personal Information we hold about you;
- The right to have incomplete, incorrect, outdated, or unnecessary Personal Information corrected, deleted, or updated;
- The right to request that we restrict the processing of Personal Information we hold about you in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of Personal Information we hold about you; and/or
- The right to receive any Personal Information we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such Personal Information transmitted to another company.
In connection with exercising your rights described above, we may request additional Personal Information for purposes of verifying your identity and for no other purpose.
Depending on where you live, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning Personal Information about you. We encourage you to first reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
To exercise any of the rights described above, please contact email@example.com. We seek to promptly respond to your inquiry.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. Despite these efforts to store Personal Information collected on and through the Site and otherwise by us in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-parties such as so-called hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not warrant or represent that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
XIII. Changes to This Notice
XIV. Do Not Track (‘DNT’) Settings
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because there currently isn’t an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we don’t respond to them at this time.
XV. Contact Us